top of page

Military and Overseas Voters (UOCAVA)

You should register as a UOCAVA (military or overseas) voter if you are:

  1. A member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine on active duty

  2. An eligible spouse or dependent

  3. An activated National Guard member on State orders

  4. A U.S. citizen residing outside the United States temporarily

  5. A U.S. citizen residing permanently outside the United States / who has never resided in the United States

UOCAVA voters must list a residential address within Pitkin County to be eligible to vote.

A residential address for UOCAVA voting purposes should be either:

  • Your last residence before leaving the country, or

  • Your parent or legal guardian's last residential address, if born outside of the U.S.


Rights extended to UOCAVA voters:

  1. You will be sent your ballot 45 days before the election in order to allow ample time for overseas electors to receive and return ballots

  2. You have the option to receive and return your ballot via email, fax, or mail

  3. Your ballot will still be counted if it is received after 7pm on election day as long as it is transmitted by 7pm MST on election day and received by the eighth day following election day

Register as an UOCAVA voter:

If you have a Colorado Driver's license or ID card you can register as a UOCAVA voter online.

If you are already registered to vote, you can also update your registration to UOCAVA status at any time online.

If not, please print the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA), fill out and return to us. We encourage overseas and military voters to to submit a new FPCA every year and when they move. Return the form by mail, fax or online.

Pitkin County Elections
530 E. Main St., Ste 104
Aspen, CO 81611
Fax: 970-445-3007


For more information on military and overseas voting please click here.

bottom of page